I have finally overcome my guilt (yes!) enough to return to my blog and re-establish a flow. This past month, I have done a lot of needle-felting- Santas, angels and a hat for Maya. I am so pleased with these felted projects. At the craft faire I showed at mid-month, I didn't make money, but I did meet some wonderful and helpful people. Jamie sent a link to a wonderful website - a line of boiled wool, embellished coats. Amazing! http://www.coveloclothing.com/index.htm
I also met the most lovely woman, Linda, who complimented me on my work and encouraged me to go to a quilt show as a vendor, where I might be better appreciated. She was absolutely positively inspiring!
I must add that my fellow vendors were kind, friendly, and more suited to this kind of craft faire. I remembered why I haven't done this kind of show for such a long time; it's hit or miss. I prepared for a big hit & I missed. However, the connections I made were serendipitous. Some new paths have appeared before me....
- Shall I try to sell my crafted work at a Quilt Show in the Bay Area? A new venue out of my comfort zone, with the possibility of success.
- I am drawn to the idea of coat designing and embellishing out of wool...New techniques and a serious new area of study.
- Shall I dive back into the project? Which direction? Medium?
- Do I want to pursue a particular course of study for a more prolonged length of time? (such as designing & felting large scale projects)
- Has the project served its purpose? Or do I need to continue?
This week I want to try to make some Ribbon Fairies which I saw on Lisa Volraths website, http://www.tentwostudios.com Thank you Chris Em for the link.
Enough words for now.